Sunday, June 22, 2008

5w4d-Holy sleeplessness!

I had a busy weekend of continuing education classes. I took a class at the Liberty Memorial and National World War I museum. We got to spend many hours (maybe too many!) in the museum looking at artifacts and watching movie clips. It was a pretty cool class and, most importantly, I got 2 more hours of continuing education credits.

Last week was also a very busy week with Sophie and Joey. We were running from swim team practice to art class to swim meets to softball games to Oceans of Fun to hair appointments... We were busy!

With all of this activity, you would think I would be exhausted! That I would be able to sleep at night and sleep well all night, especially because I'm pregnant and should be tired!

That's not the case. I am tired in the evenings, but not exceptionally tired. I am able to fall asleep at a normal time, but I cannot stay asleep. For the last 3 days, I have woken up between 3 and 4 am ready for the day. I'm wide awake and feel very rested. I have been laying in bed until 5:00 before I finally give-up and get out of bed.

What's the deal? Just my crazy hormones? If it is, I would have to call sleeplessness my first early pregnancy symptom (outside of a positive HPT and Betas, that's too obvious).

Our first OB appointment is on Tuesday morning. I am very anxious! I don't know what to expect, which is nerve-wracking enough, but I am nervous that something will be wrong with the baby. I keep telling myself that if something was wrong, I would know. I would have cramping or bleeding, but I really don't know if that is true. Wish us luck! Dom will be able to come with me this time. He is on night-float so he will go straight from work to my appointment. I'm so glad he will be there. I don't know if
he will be able to come to any of the others, though, because of his crazy work schedule.

No comments: