Saturday, October 11, 2008

A small sigh of relief





Our ultrasound on Friday went very well!

The baby is still measuring 3 days ahead of my due date. I was 8 weeks 0 days and the baby was measuring 8 weeks 3 days. He/she was 1.87 cm long and had a heart rate of 182 beats per minute.

He/She had arm and leg buds and was wiggling away during the ultrasound. It was amazing! We didn't expect to see it moving already. It would be totally still and all of a sudden, it's arms, legs, and head would start twitching. And with the arm and leg buds, it is looking a little more like a baby. At least we were able to tell which end was the head and which end was the butt. Dom thinks it looks like a gummy bear now!

I feel like we jumped a huge huddle. We were able to take a small sigh of relief knowing that we made it past the time in my last pregnancy that the baby stopped developing (and when I miscarried) and that our risk of miscarriage continues to get smaller and smaller with everyday that passes. My OB said that 95% of miscarriage happen before 8 weeks. I know we have been on the wrong side of the statistics a lot during this journey, but I do feel much more confident.

We have less than 4 weeks until we hit the big milestone of 12 weeks. That is when I will be able to take a BIG sigh of relief!

2 comments:

Stace said...

Congrats!!! :) I'm so glad that everything is going so well!! The pictures are great!

Michelle said...

I am so HAPPY for you! The pictures are AMAZING!!! That was aBIG hurdle and you made it! Keep going strong I know you will make it!!