Monday, August 25, 2008

The PERFECT Sunday!

So my Sunday consisted of waking up early (this isn't any different...I'm an early riser), crocheting all morning, watching a movie, and then reading all afternoon and night. I did an hour of clean-up before going to bed but that's no big deal. It was a very relaxing day.

One thing of significance is that the movie I watched was Juno and the book that I read was Something Blue. Both are about unplanned and unwanted pregnancies. I was reading Something Blue when I had my miscarriage. I had to put it down because I was having a hard time dealing with the way the main character was acting toward her pregnancy, when all I wanted was to be was pregnant myself. And I moved Juno to the end of our Netflix list because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to watch it. And I'm proud to report that I was able to watch Juno and read Something Blue with no problems. In fact, I even said to myself, "You should be sad that these ladies are pregnant and your not." But that wasn't the case. Both were very entertaining and I enjoyed them. I was only 100 pages into Something Blue when I stopped reading it, but I had to finish it yesterday. I couldn't put it down! (Beth, I will finally get your book back to you! Sorry I've had it for so long!)

I cleared a big hurdle on my perfect Sunday!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I am so glad you were able to enjoy both. I know I watched Juno very shortly after my miscarriage and it was hard, but I still loved it. Don't worry about the books, there are two more. Did I already get them to you?