Saturday, February 21, 2009

More great news!

Here are the pictures from the ultrasound I had yesterday. I was 27 weeks, 0 days.

This picture melts my heart! I can't believe we actually saw him yawn! You could tell that he was squeezing his eyes shut as he was yawning too! In that moment, everything turned so real for me. I have a REAL baby growing inside of me and he is doing REAL human things. Of course, I knew this before yesterday's ultrasound, as we have seen him suck on his hands, swallow, blink, his beating heart, etc., but I don't think I REALLY knew this. This is will be one of the turning points in my pregnancy emotions that I will always remember.


The next two are of his cute little face! The tech commented on his chubby checks, which made Dom and I give each other "the look." We have always talked about how our kids didn't stand a chance in this area! We both have chubby checks and we know all of our kids will too!



As for the Fifth's Disease/Anemia scare, all of our ultrasounds have shown us that he is perfectly healthy and isn't showing any negative signs of the virus. We have one more ultrasound before we are considered to be "in the clear." I am feeling pretty confident that nothing is going to change between now and next Friday. This entire experience was just a way to for us to see our little man 6 more times and nothing more! What a relief!

I have scheduled a 3D/4D ultrasound for March 4th. We may hold the world record for the most ultrasounds in one pregnancy, but I really wanted to do a 3D/4D. I am very excited for it!

I continue to be feeling really well! For the last week or so, I have been able to feel his body parts sliding across my belly. Before, I was just feeling "bumps." When he is head-down, I feel him move all day long. If he is transverse or butt-down, I don't feel him as much. I am still blaming this on my anterior placenta. When he is head-down, all of his kicks are by my ribs and above my placenta. When he is transverse or butt-down, he is kicking my placenta which makes the smaller kicks more difficult for me to feel. For the past few days, he has been laying across my belly but facing the ground, like an upside-down transverse (or maybe just transverse...does it matter if he is facing the ground or the sky when they call a baby's position transverse?), with his feet at my bladder/colon/cervix area. Boy do these kicks feel strange! They don't hurt, but it is very distracting. Sometimes I feel like his foot is wiggling around in my vagina! I'm hoping he moves soon!

My body seems to be holding up really well. I don't have any swelling or a crazy amount of weight gain. Sometimes my back or ribs will get a "tired" feeling, but nothing painful. I am getting more used to sleeping on my side (I was a belly sleeper.). I do get a little annoyed that I have to wake-up every time I want to change positions in the middle of the night. Why can't I just roll over without waking up? But I don't ever had a hard time falling back to sleep so I shouldn't complain about that. I'm getting around just fine and still wearing heels to work without any discomfort. I'm eating great (no strange food aversions or cravings) and don't feel like I am making unusually frequent trips to the restroom. For the most part, it's still my old body with something protruding from the middle! My doctor told me that I should feel pretty good until 28 weeks, then it will be a slow decline to complete uncomfortable-ness. I will be 28 weeks next Friday, so I guess I have that to look forward to!

I am going to do my glucose/gestational diabetes test next week. I am, and always have been, a carbaholic, so I will be very lost if I can't eat carbs. I'm crossing my fingers that I pass!

Our baby furniture is getting delivered next weekend. That means that I will be spending my weekend swapping our rooms around. We are moving our guest room into our office. We used to have two computers in our office, but I got rid of my computer from the stone-age (college) and will putting the guest bed where the computer/desk was. Well actually, we still have the desk, but we will be getting rid of it this weekend, too. See, lots of swapping!!

Well, I better go and get busy...

3 comments:

Stace said...

The yawning picture is just perfect! I'm glad you're feeling good still-- hopefully your decline into discomfort won't be too bad! :)

Michelle said...

OMG that is so cute! I am so happy that things are going so well. I am always so lad to see your updates!

DrDom said...

Update: your husband "swapped" the rooms by himself while you were at work....and watching the Bachelor.